Home Weatherization for Income-Qualified Customers
The Home Weatherization for Income-Qualified Customers is a no-cost in-home assessment and may include energy efficiency improvements such as adding insulation, air sealing, and the installation of energy saving products all at no cost to you.
For your household to be eligible, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Your primary residence must be located within a pre-qualified moderate-income census tract. Census tract confirmation can be verified at https://geomap.ffiec.gov/FFIECGeocMap/GeocodeMap1.aspx (using the 2020 or 2021 lookup), or
- You must provide proof of participation in the New Jersey SHARES (NJ SHARES) federal/safety net partnership program, or
- Your household income is above 250% and below 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. (see the chart of 2022 Income Level)
For the home/building to be eligible, you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Must be an active JCP&L residential customer, and
- Reside in a single family home with up to a 4-unit dwelling, and
- Must own the home or have property owner authorization (Renters/Tenants: see Landlord Consent & Permission Agreement), and
- Must own or rent for at least 1 year in a home that is 5 years or older, and not under a builder’s warranty.
|Family Size||2022 Income Level|
|Comfort Partners Program||Home Weatherization Program - for Income Qualified Customers|
|1||$0 - $33,975||$33,976||$54,360|
|2||$0 - $45,775||$45,776||$73,240|
|3||$0 - $57,575||$57,576||$92,120|
|4||$0 - $69,375||$69,376||$111,000|
|5||$0 - $81,175||$81,176||$129,880|
|6||$0 - $92,975||$92,976||$148,760|
|7||$0 - $104,775||$104,776||$167,640|
|8||$0 - $116,575||$116,576||$186,520|
If your income is listed in the Comfort Partners column you may be eligible for a Comfort Partners home assessment. Please visit the Comfort Partners web page for more information.
A certified Energy Advisor will inspect your home and recommend specific energy efficiency measures to help you save energy.
You will receive a variety of energy-efficient products, installed at no cost, to help you start using less energy right away.
These may include:
- LED lighting
- Hot water conservation measures (water heater pipe insulation, efficient-flow showerheads, faucet aerators)
- Installation of a programmable smart thermostat
- Insulation upgrades in walls, ceilings, and attics
- Air sealing of windows and doors
- Ductwork sealing and repair
Additionally, based on the findings from your assessment, you may be eligible for the installation of additional energy efficiency upgrades and health and safety improvements depending on utility approval, all at no cost to you.
Call 800-915-8309 to confirm your eligibility. To apply, you will need to verify your financial eligibility with one of the items listed below:
Acceptable Income Verification Documentation (most recent)
- Social Security award letter
- 4 paystubs if paid weekly
- 2 paystubs if paid bi-weekly
- Income tax return
- Unemployment verification
- Child Support/Alimony letter
- NJ Shares
- USF 400%
Our Energy Advisors follow strict safety protocols. They wear face coverings and keep safe distancing along with other protective measures.